Most people take their heating and cooling systems for granted, expecting them to work 24 hours during winter and summer with no issues. Heating and cooling Nazareth PA homes requires a system ready to handle hot summer days of 80°F or more and winter lows below freezing. And you certainly do not want to be without an efficient heating system when the temperature is below freezing! So, here are some quick tips on how to get the most out of your central heating and air unit for the cold winter season ahead.
- With a combined heating and cooling system, your home heating system uses the same filter as your AC unit, so make sure the filter is replaced for each season and check it regularly. A clean filter means the system can operate at its best and run smoothly without battling to work, as well as provide better air quality.
- In preparation for winter, move your thermostat temperature to “warm” and change the temperature settings and times to fit in with the changing weather patterns. Make sure you have a programmable thermostat – if not, go out and buy one if you can – it will be a great investment, and help to keep your energy use down.
- Keep your heating and air unit in top working condition by getting it checked regularly. Make sure the refrigerant levels are as they should be and that all parts are working properly. Any problems with operation could end up costing you a lot of money, so rather check first and be safe.
- As winter moves in, schedule a check-up for your heating system with Edwin Stipe Inc., your hvac specialists. And if need be, we have a variety of financing options to help you get the system you deserve- whether it be a furnace, boiler, heat pump or dual fuel system.
- Keep your compressors free of debris. Central air conditioner and heat pump systems use outdoor compressor units to exchange hot air for cold. Check the area around your compressor for leaves and prune back any shrubs or plants.
- And, if you use oil, consider filling your tank before the winter kicks in to save money on fuel costs.
Any servicing of heating systems and air units can be carried out by Edwin Stipe Inc., your experts in all aspects of heating and cooling in Nazareth PA. We have the qualified staff and 24-hour service to help you out when you need it during the cold winter months.