History of Edwin Stipe, Inc.
Our company was founded in 1894 by Edwin Stipe. Born in Bucks County, near Doylestown on January 14, 1872, he came to Easton in the early 1890’s and, in 1894 started in the plumbing business. His shops have been at different locations, principally at 67 Center Square and 26 North Fourth Street. During his 44 years of service in Easton, he provided services for many of the principal buildings, residences, schools and churches in the area.
After his death in 1938, the business was operated by his son, Edwin Stipe, Jr. until his retirement in 1973, at which point the business was purchased by his grandson, Edwin Stipe, III, and incorporated in December, 1973 as Edwin Stipe, Inc. Edwin Stipe III and his partner, Henry Scherer operated the business jointly until the retirement of Edwin Stipe III, in 2003.